Wearyman

Losing my hair and losing my mind in Western New York

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Blogger Beta Blues

Ugh!

Is it just me, or is anyone else having serious problems with this Blogger beta program that Google is running?

In case you were wondering, I am NOT taking part in the beta. Despite this, every time I want to log onto my Blogger account, the blogger page FORCES me to go through the beta application and then say "no thanks" to get to my Dashboard. If I just try to log in, I get put into an endless loop of being forced back to the login page.

Here's a clue Google; FORCING PEOPLE TO JUMP THROUGH HOOPS BECAUSE YOU WANT TO PUSH A PRODUCT IS A MICROSOFT TACTIC. IN OTHER WORDS, EVIL!

Seriously. Which marketing fucktard thought that it would be a good idea to piss off the bloggers? Did they really think, "Hey, I know what will really make people want to try our new Beta! Let's put in a whole bunch of hoops and gyrations that people have to go through in order to access their blogs! That will really get them excited!" Morons.

Google, if you want to get people interested in your new beta product, make accessing that a SEPARATE section of your website. Integrating the logins for a beta program and the current setup is a recipe for disaster. In the meantime, may I suggest that you FIX IT NOW so as not to piss off any more of your bloggers? Do you REALLY want your screw up to become a news item on Digg or Slashdot?

Yeah. I didn't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home